Wednesday, December 31, 2008



My year of Books, in Review:


Total Books Read:
72

December
The Golden Key
The Dollmaker
Dreaming Water
The Good Earth


November:
*A Wrinkle in Time
*Where the Lilies Bloom
* Any Place I Hang My Hat
*1/2 of The Dollmaker

October:
*The Used World
*The Memory Keeper's Daughter
*The Family Under the Bridge
*In My Hands
*Seeing the Crab
* In the Country of Men
*Kabul Beauty School
*Family Under the Bridge


September:
Waiting for Daisy
The Giant's House
The Blue Star (2008)
Mitten Strings for God
The Monk Upstairs
The Perilous Gard
Five Children and It

August:
Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Summer Crossing
Walking Taylor Home
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (2008)
Paris Trout
Second Chance

July:
The Monk Downstairs
River, Cross My Heart
The Book Thief

June:
An Incomplete Revenge (2008)
The Grass Harp
A Lost Lady
Looking For Salvation at the Dairy Queen (2008)
Song of Survival
Laughing Without an Accent (2008)

May:
I Feel Bad About My Neck
Rescuing Rose
Island of the Blue Dolphins
Peony in Love
Three Bags Full
Welcome to Higby

April:
Snow
Sister of the Bride
Expecting Adam
Luscious Lemon
Tisha
Into the Wild

March:
Remember Me? (2008)
The Crystal Tree
Letters From Rapunzel
An Actual Life
Zel
Funny in Farsi
The Magic Circle
'Mater Biscuit
Briar Rose
Durable Goods
Jim the Boy
The Princess Bride

February:
The Color Purple
The Laments
From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
On the Home Front
Defending Baltimore Against Enemy Attack
There's No Place Like Here (December 2007)

January:
So Big
Icy Sparks
The House at Pooh Corner
The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid


Total Pages Read:
17, 900


Total Challenges Completed:
(click link to see the list)
28

Challenges Not Completed:
1

Amount of fun and enjoyment I received from my year, unmeasurable!

Happy New Years

If you want to see what I will be reading for 2009, just click on the challenge links on my sidebar. I am looking forward to another great year.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, not only is 72 an impressive number, but the number of challenges completed is staggering! That's incredible, Kim!

    Happy New Year to you and your family, and here's to a great year ahead in 09! :)

    P.S. Happy Reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you comment, Kim!

    I purchased the Letters from Father Christmas to show to my English class when we read the Hobbit --- I wanted to show another side of JRR Tolkien besides Lord of the Ring. I also LOVE the Santa Claus mystique and feel that Tolkien's literary excellence "vindicates" in my childish fascination :)

    I am sure all of your children will enjoy having their own copy.

    I hope you have a New Year filled with peace, joy, and prosperity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Saturday Review at Semicolon this Saturday is dedicated to book lists. You’re invited to share a link to yours on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm just astounded by the 27 challenges completed! nicely done.

    happy reading in 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 78 books! I'm in awe. I don't think I could ever read that many in one year. And its a good looking list too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you laid everything out. A lot of those titles look like so much fun. Laughing Without an Accent is such a great title. I hadn't heard of it, obviously, and now I'm curious about it.

    It DOES look like you had fun. Happy continued reading to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What did you tyhink of The Monk Downstairs? I read it, too. And is The Monk Upstairs by the same author?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! And you got almost all of your challenges done. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read - and enjoyed very much - The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society in 2008, too.

    Oh, - and From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler is one of my favorite children's books ever. When I was a kid, I must have read it twenty times.

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)