Saturday, January 31, 2009

Coraline

Book: Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Pages: 162
Finished: January 2009
Challenges:
**Unshelved Books
**Winter Reading Challenge
** Dewey's Books
** Read and Review Challenge
** Support Your Local Library
** To Be Read


First Sentence: " Coraline discovered the door a little while after they moved into the house."


Last Sentence: "...telling the world that summer was almost done."


I enjoyed this creepy little book. I would say that this story about a little girl who finds an alternate world to her real one with button eyed "other parents" is spooky but not scary! I am not about scary books which is why I can boast that I have never read a Stephen King novel. But a little creepy, I can handle. Coraline is a wonderfully brave and clever little girl and makes for a great hero in the story. She longs for adventure and attention and gets both when she opens the hidden door! She finds herself in the position of finding and rescuing 3 lost little souls and her own real parents with twists and surprises around every corner on her mission. Will she succeed? Only those who read the book will know!

3 comments:

  1. Good review Kim. I just finished this one too and you know I did find it kind of scary. I guess maybe really creepy and I call it scary. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading this with my daughter right now. We're still in the beginning. We were both sort of hoping for scary, but we'll take spooky, too. :) Great review!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)