Edited 12/30/10: I completed this one!!! It was looking grim for a while but I managed to pull it off. Thank's Bart for a fun challenge. :)
This challenge looks like a true challenge but a hoot also. It is being hosted by Bart's Bookshelf and runs the whole year of 2010.
Just a tidbit of information to entice you:
The aim is to read a total 20 books, over ten categories, in 2010. (Was this challenge based solely around the name? I’ll let you decide!)
- Read 2 books from each category, making a requirement of 20 books total.
- The categories are intended to be loose guidelines only, if you decide it fits, then it fits. (Apart from those marked **)
- Categories marked with ** have tighter rules, and these must be followed.
- Each book can only qualify for one category.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- Books read from 01/01/2010 to 31/12/2010 are eligible
Follow the link above to read the rest of the information and then sign up for it. Go on. You so know you want to!
Oops! Category #10, titled "Up to You" states I must include my choice in my sign up post. I choose Graphic Novels. I don't normally read this genre at all and will post my actual 2 book titles later--after I do a bit of research.
So, on with the categories
- Young Adult
Any book classified as young adult or featuring a teenage protagonist counts for this category.
- 1. Snow Falling in Spring
- 2. The Uglies
- T.B.R. **Intended to help reduce the old T.B.R. pile. Books for this category must be already residents of your bookshelves as of 1/11/09.
- 1. The Condition
- 2. Mermaids on the Moon
- Shiny & New
Bought a book NEW during 2010 from a bookstore, online, or a supermarket? Then it counts for this category.
- 1.The Help
- 2.Cherries In Winter
- Bad Blogger’s ***
Books in this category, should be ones you’ve picked up purely on the recommendation of another blogger count for this category (any reviews you post should also link to the post that convinced you give the book ago).
- 1.Benny and Shrimp
- 2.The Housekeeper and the Professor
Support your local charity shops with this category, by picking up books from one of their shops. Again, for those on book-buying bans, books bought for you as gifts also count, as long as they were bought from a charity shop.
- 1. Hens Dancing
- 2. Harry Potter #1
- New in 2010
This category is for those books newly published in 2010 (whether it be the first time it is has been released, or you had to wait for it to be published in your country, it counts for this one!) 1. 1.Brava Valentine
- 2.The Postmistress
- Older Than You
Read two books that were published before you were born, whether that be the day before or 100 years prior!
- 1. We Have Always Lived in the Castle
- 2. Henrietta's War (originally published as vignettes during WWII in Britain)
- Win! Win!
Have a couple of books you need to read for another challenge? Then this is the category to use, as long that is, you don’t break the rules of the other challenge by doing so!
- 1. Out Stealing Horses
- 2. Tallgrass
- Who Are You Again?
This one isn’t just for authors you’ve never read before, this is for those authors you have never even heard before!
- 1.Kathryn Stockett (The Help)
- 2.Wendy French (Going Coastal)
- Up to You!
The requirements for this category are up to you!
- 1. To Dance: a ballerina's graphic novel
- 2. French Milk