Welcome to the Amy Einhorn Books Perpetual Challenge.
(Hosted by Beth Fish Reads)
Have you read The Help by Kathryn Stockett? How about Jim Beaver's Life's That Way or Frahad Zama's The Marriage Bureau for Rich People? These books earned four- and five-star reviews from many sources, including book bloggers.
The other thing these books have in common is that they were published under the Putnam imprint Amy Einhorn Books. And that's what this perpetual challenge is all about: reading through the imprint.
The Amy Einhorn Books challenge was born on Twitter (where all evil occurs) and was inspired by (in no particular order) Swapna from S. Krishna's Books, Trish from Hey Lady! Whatcha Reading?, Jenn from Jenn's Bookshelves, Jen from Devourer of Books, Amy from My Friend Amy, Dawn from She Is Too Fond of Books, Nicole from Linus's Blanket, and several other enthusiastic bloggers.
Currently, there are thirteen Amy Einhorn titles (covers shown in the fabulous button made by Jenn):
Published in 2009
- Bad Things Happen by Harry Dolan
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett-Finished
- The Kingdom of Ohio by Matthew Flaming
- Life's That Way: A Memoir by Jim Beaver
- The Marriage Bureau for Rich People by Farahad Zama-Finished
- Remedies by Kate Ledger
- Ten Degrees of Reckoning: The True Story of a Family's Love and the Will to Survive by Hester Rumberg--Finished
- The Book of Awesome: Snow Days, Bakery Air, Finding Money in Your Pocket, and Other Simple, Brilliant Things by Neil Pasricha
- The House of Tomorrow by Peter Bognanni
- The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O'Connor McNees--Finished
- The Postmistress by Sarah Blake---Finished
- This Is Not The Story You Think It Is: A Season of Unlikely Happiness by Laura Munson
- Where's My Wand?: One Boy's Magical Triumph over Alienation and Shag Carpeting by Eric Poole
- The Gendarme by Mark Mustian-Finished
- My Wife's Affair by Nancey Woodruff
Published in 2011:
- The Book of Even More Awesome by Neil Pasricha
- The Girl Who Would Speak for the Dead by Paul Elwork-Finished
- Very Bad Men by Harry Dolan
- The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown--Finished
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- You Know When the Men Are Gone by Siobhan Fallon
- Faith Bass Darling's Last Garage Sale by Lynda Rutledge
- The Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye
- A Good American by Alex George
- The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty
- Juliet in August by Dianne Warren
- Let's Pretend This Never Happened: (A Mostly True Memoir) by Jenny Lawson
- Next Stop: A Memoir by Glen Finland
- Shades of Hope: A Program to Stop Dieting and Start Living by Tennie McCarty
- Sign up via Mr. Linky here. You do not need to have a blog to join. If you don't have a blog, use the URL to this post in the URL box.
- Read through the Amy Einhorn Books imprint in any order you'd like.
- Read the books in any medium (print, eBook, audio).
- Pages for linking your reviews will be found via the AE Challenge tab under my banner photo. There are two pages, one for 2009 books and one for 2010 books. Be sure to link up your reviews of the books you've already read.
- The Twitter hashtag is #amyeinhorn.
This is a great challenge and the best part is that it is perpetual so there is no time pressure! Sign me up!