Saturday, June 5, 2010

Weekend Cooking

Weekend Cooking is hosted by Beth Fish Reads each week and offers a unique way to merge booking with cooking!

I am spotlighting a book which I have not read yet.
But I really want to read soon.
I received it in the mail this week.
And it has the word eating in the title so I think it qualifies for this post!!


Eating Heaven by Jennie Shortridge

Synopsis

Nothing gets Eleanor Samuels's heart racing like a double scoop of mocha fudge chunk. Sure, the magazine writer may have some issues aside from food, but she isn't quite ready to face them. Then her beloved Uncle Benny falls ill, and what at first seems scary and daunting becomes a blessing in disguise. Because while she cooks and cares for him-and enjoys a delicious flirtation with a new chef in town-Eleanor begins to uncover some long-buried secrets about her emotionally frayed family and may finally get the chance to become the woman she's always wanted to be.


post signature

9 comments:

  1. For some reason, this strikes me as the perfect summer read. I love the cover too -- sky soup!

    And you are right -- this spotlight post is perfect for Weekend Cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this last year (or the year before maybe). I loved it. It made me a fan of Jennie Shortridge. Hope you enjoy it also :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of this before - but I love the title and look forward to your review!

    I hope you have the opportunity to make the Cappuccino Chip Muffins - they really are tasty. Espresso powder is just instant espresso (rather than instant coffee --- so it is very fine rather than course). The most common brand sold in our stores is Medaglia D'Oro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds interesting. The cover looks enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I read Jenny Shortridge's first book: Love and Biology at the Center of the Universe. It revolved around a Seattle coffee shop, and Jenny Shortridge is excellent at writing about food. I wanted a snack the whole time I was reading. This one looks delicious, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books that incorporate food...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be great to read by the pool this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely loved Eating Heaven -- I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the book Eating Heaven. The Manic Mommies Book Club read this and discussed it with the author last year. It's one of my favorite books read in recent years.

    Have you read Jennie Shortridge's most recent book, When She Flew? I just loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)