Friday, July 1, 2011

Knitting: (the other joys of life)


Here is a shock---I am joining a year long knitting challenge! It is being organized and run over on Ravelry and I thought, "hmmmm, why not?" I love to knit, and have "in real life" knitting friends--something I don't have in the reading part of my life. We get together and knit every Tuesday after work--sometimes in an empty room at work, and sometimes at Panerea, so we can get some dinner too! We have a great time visiting and eating and knitting and helping each other with our projects--the skill level is quite varied. It truly is a highlight to my week.

Anyway-- on to The Project Challenge:

What we will be doing:

July 1st, today, we are posting our pattern of choices for all to see. This is supposed to be a loose and fun challenge--changing patterns mid-year is allowed--thankfully, as I know there are a few pattern by my favorite designer being released through out this upcoming year. Some folks are knitting through a whole book, or a part of a book, or any set of patterns you put together based on your own criteria.
Me?
I am mixing it up a bit. Some patterns have been on my favorite list over on Ravlery, and some are patterns I have purchased at my local yarn shop. I tried to mix it up a bit--some stuff for myself, some for gifts, and some for my Grandgirls, Adelaide and Amelia.
Every Sunday we are encouraged to blog about our current project and the progress we have made, or not made as the case may be! I am looking forward to this challenge and developing new skills along the way. I hope you not only enjoy this year of posts, but find inspiration to be creative within your own little corner of the world!


My Projects:
  1. Batkus Scarf
  2. Easy Peasy Newborn Sock Hat--for Julie at work: Finished
  3. Urban Chill Neck Warmer (not on Ravelry-no photo available)
  4. Little Knitted Acorn Bag
  5. Brulee Scarf (or shawl pattern from my personal library-no photo)
  6. Fingerless Gloves ~~~( a personal pattern-no phot0)
  7. Milo (for Amelia)--Finished!
  8. Accacia Adelaide)--Finished!
  9. Accacia for Amelia--Finished
  10. Paige BabyDoll (Adelaide)
  11. IvyAnna (for Adelaide)
  12. Olearia Sweater (for Adelaide)
  13. Little Butterflies (for Amelia)
  14. Sucky Thumb Mitts-Finished
  15. The Regular Guy Beani(2 plus a hat from a magazine, all for my 3 sons) --Finished
  16. Spring Butterfly (1 for each: Amelia and Adelaide)
  17. Pumpkin Hat (Adelaide)-Finished 2x'
  18. Ball Band Washcloths for Christmas gifts
  19. Little Colonnade (for me)--Finished
  20. Boheme for Amelia--Finished
  21. Esprit Folk--(for Adelaide)
  22. Optional patterns by Georgie to be released throughout the coming year.
Add- Ons:
* Girl's Best Cardigan by Georgie Hallam.
* Shaelyn Shawl--- by Leila Raabe Designs: Finished
* Waffle Knit Dishcloth by Deb -Finished one for Christmas, should do about 6 more for gifts next year!
Jane Sweater by Georgie :x2 for Grandys
Elizabeth Sweater and Girls best Cardi (by Georgie) for the Grandys
Triplicity (Knit Along)--Finished
Winter Buzz Mitts (Knit Along)--Finished
Short and Sweet Mitts---Finished
(Click to enlarge)



11 comments:

  1. Good luck Kim! You're so organised - I haven't committed to my patterns yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to join a knitting challenge although I am a horrible knitter. I wish to be better though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!

    Lovely choice of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck you chose such pretty patterns. I have just barely committed to my patterns back to my list XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be a great year of knitting! I recently knitted the brulee scarf and gifted it to my daughter's spanish teacher -- it came out great.

    Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! You've a great choice of patterns, I think we both have the Batkus scarf as well as the acorn bag, I'm looking forward to having a go at both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh. Some lucky wee ones are going to get some lovely things!

    Best of luck! Thanks for dropping by. I'm SO disorganized right now having JUST absolutely committed to the project and another project and trying to get another thing kicked off. SO, having said all of that, Happy Blog A Long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm such a sucker for little girl knitted clothes! Can't wait to see how you do.

    Here is a link I got my crochet steeks inspiration from. Very good pictures of the crochet portion. http://www.futuregirl.com/craft_blog/2010/10/crochet-steeks.aspx

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your going to do great! I love the photo collage :D

    can't wait to see updates :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea. I've been making corkscrew scarves. If you use fine yarn they turn out lacy looking. All my friends will be getting one for Christmas.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. the collage was a great idea, also love the little hat, super sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)