Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Yarn Along


Happy Wednesday, my lovelies!
Today, I am linking up with Ginny over at Small Things Yarn Along event.  Books and knitting...doesn't get much better.

The pages I am turning are from We Need To  Talk About Keven by Lionel Shriver.  This book won the coveted Orange Prize, several years ago, and that is  the reason I am reading it.  To say it is not my usual genre is putting it lightly. This book is disturbing on so many levels, and in a nutshell deals with the issue of parenting--when kids become terribly  bad is it nature or nurture? Or both?  In light of all the school violence happening throughout the country, this book is still very relevant.

On my needles, we have the opposite thing happening.  I am knitting an innocent little baby hat for a new baby in our neighborhood, Lucille Aster.  The pattern is from our very own Ginny, the knitter who hosts this weekly event and is called Simple Newborn Hat (with a touch of lace)--It is working up so nicely--after my 15 tries at joining it in the round using magic loop that is! This is a nice break from my larger projects.

One last thing--I have written a guest post being shared today over at Alyse from At Home With Books.
She runs a Best & Worst Of event every week, and I have written my post about the best and worst of author, Cecelia Ahern.  If you have time, hop on over there and see what I have to say!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. That looks like such a sweet hat. Can't wait to see how yours comes out.

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)