Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hooray!


 I finished them! The girl friend mitts are done and  I can cross a Christmas gift "to knit" off my list. Boy that feels good.  I finally ended up using Churchmouse Yarns pattern: Welted Fngerless Gloves.  They knit up without too much drama although I do not think I am a big fan of how the thumb is done up. Are there a couple of mistakes in my finished project? You bet, but the recipient is not a knitter so I don't think she will notice!

Next up is the hat, cowl and little mitts for my sweet Grand, Adelaide, who will be turning 3 years old this month.  I blogged previously about how she fell in love with this red eyelash yarn whilst shopping one day with her mama.  She has some very definite ideas, that little red head, but luckily she has captured this Mimi's heart. I will knit anything to bring a smile to her face--thus, I am dipping my toe into the novelty yarn waters.  Whew!  Knitting with this stuff is not easy but I am persevering!  After perusing the pattern I blogged about possibly using in last week's post, I must confess it seemed to be a bit too hard and I did not feel up to the challenge. So, back to Ravelry searching I went and came up with this little gem....The Aurora. Right now it looks a bit like a hot mess, but I have faith it will sort itself out as I get further along.  I only used the red for a couple of rows along the brim and might use some again later...


That is all for my actual  knitting progress--later today I hope to update my list, sort out what needs to be knit for Christmas with which pattern and what yarn! The time is ticking away and the holidays will be upon us all too soon!
Until next time~~~~
*~smiles~*

post signature


7 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty gloves. I especially like that little column of buttons at the cuff.

    Can't wait to see how the novelty yarn project works out. I don't envy you that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing to add to Minding My Own Stitches comment above. Exactly what she said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the gloves and well done on getting them complete, you must be so pleased. I really love the Aurora pattern you chose for little Adelaide it will look wodnerful with the red novelty yarn and I'm sure will sort itself out to something quite wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gloves look fab and I can't wait to see how that Aurora works up!

    Have a great week
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, Adelaide will be so tickled when she opens this up on Christmas! I love how she calls you, "Mimi." That is too cute!
    I love your son's gf mitts. They look luxurious and has that total boutique knits vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big fan of wollywormheads hats..I love the aurora..and yep..yours looks "interesting" right now..but the finish will be great..can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mitts are gorgeous, I bet they'll be really appreciated, and no one will ever notice a mistake in them!

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)