Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Mode


Happy Sunday!!  Here we are, the first weekend of December almost done and I am bracing myself for the speed with which this month will fly by.  On top of all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I am dealing with huge changes in my job, which of course brings me huge stress.  I am trying to keep telling myself to just breathe, and in between panic attacks (not real ones!), I will read and knit--so hey, I may have no problem getting all that holiday knitting finished after all!  :)

First off, I have a finished object to show off-- a Christmas gift for someone in my family who may or may not read my blog-- This is my all time favorite mitt pattern, it works up so nicely and the fingering weight yarn and lace work make it looks so dainty! The pattern?  Short n Sweet Fingerless Mitts by Anne Sahakian. The pattern is well written, easy to follow, and has one of the nicest thumb gussets I have encountered.  For all the details, visit my pattern page, which I have marked for public viewing.  If you are related to me, don't go peeking any further!


Now I am starting to work on the hats for my 3 sons. I spent a lot of time searching patterns to find ones which match their very specific and different hat preferences!

For Sam,  I am trying the Windschief Pattern by Stephen West... Kepanie! Are you standing by to hold my hand through this one!!    Sam likes his hats a little bit on the tight/fitted side, so I think this will suit him well.  I am using a Madeline Tosh, which I am totally in love with.  I started it this morning, so there is a ways to go still! The rib pattern is a twisted rib which looks very cool...


For the other boys, I needed a drapier, softer yarn, so I went for an Alpaca. This is my first time every using Alpaca and I am anxious to start--it is so soft!


For Andrew, he is getting a green hat, using the Bend Hat pattern.  He lives in a very hipster urban area of Seattle and I think this cabled hat will fit his style perfectly!

For Austen, I am knitting a soft blue, which will make his already over the top twinkly blue eyes pop even more!  He likes his hats looser, but not too loose, so I found this pattern which I hope will prove to be loose enough! It is the Graham pattern--nice huh?!

For now, I am signing and will try to get around to visit all of you!
*~*~*~ *Happy Knitting~*~*~*

post signature


7 comments:

  1. Looks like you will be knitting up lots of great gifts! I have casted on a couple more since my post about knitted gifts - guess I found out a few more were knitworthy ;)
    I must check out that mitt pattern - I really need a new pair for myself.
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice variety in your hats, love the blue...what a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the patterns you've chosen for gifts -- you have excellent taste, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous patterns! And that mad tosh looks scrumptious. I have yet to try any, but really must.

    Have a great week
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use alpaca all the time, it's perfect, enjoy :D

    (I have so not kept up with my limited Y of P goals that I'm keeping a low profile on that score!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great hats for your sons! YES! You're about done by now yeah? My pattern notes have the deets. I should make another for my uncles.
    You have had such great success w/that mitt pattern. I'll have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - Madeline Tosh is a favorite of my daughters. Beautiful yard.

    Your little cutie (above) is getting big Kim.

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)