Saturday, December 1, 2012

Reading stuff


Well,I am just going to concede early to all of my 2012 reading goals.  I don't think I have or will complete even one.... Compared to 3 and 4 years ago, I should find this is shocking. But for some reason,  I don't.

I have been pondering the reasons for this shift, and I think I just need to chalk it up to life!  Four years ago, I had all but given up on my favorite hobby of cross-stitch as after returning to the work force, I found I did not have the energy or eye strength to continue after a long day at my desk and computer.

But I could read.
And boy did I read.

Now, I love to curl up and knit in the evenings---it feeds the part of my soul that loves to be creating.  I read on my lunch breaks sometimes, and when I crawl into bed, so you can imagine why I am not ripping through the books like I used to.  Reading still brings me extreme pleasure, and I will continue my love affair with books, but it is shared with my love of yarn!  I plan to read whatever I want in 2013 and may join a few short term challenges/events.
I am planning to join Beth's Whats in a Name challenge as that is my all time favorite, and will continue to read Amy Einhorn books as part of  a perpetual challenge I joined a while back. But I think that is all the commitment  I want to make at this time....

~*~*I will let 2013's book choices take me on an unplanned, whimsical adventure!~*~*


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up too much about not making the goal, well don't feel like you have to give yourself a hard time on principle. I'll bet that if you make a list of all that you have accomplished over that time you'll be very impressed. I understand the frustration though, too many hobbies makes for less time for each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each goal will happen when it's meant to be. Should be something to stress out about. You enjoy yourself and relax. Life is too short for little things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know how I feel about goals this year. To heck with 'em! Just enjoy the season.

    I love wallpaper you are using for the blog. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your plans for this coming year! I think the only challenge I'll join this next year is the What's in a Name Challenge too. I always have such fun picking titles for that one.

    I think it's wonderful that you find such comfort in knitting AND reading. There's nothing wrong with making room for all your interests. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)