Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Books and Yarn Wednesday



Continuing my life motto lately  of, better late than never, I present to you my Yarn Along post.  Thanks to Ginny of Small Things for hosting this weekly event!

I took a picture this afternoon in my car so I could take advantage of the daylight. It still isn't really stellar quality but better than if taken at night.

My book has been switched from what I was reading this weekend.  You see, I found part of a wonderful British show to watch, and while I was moaning on facebook about wanting to see the rest of the season someone enlightened me to the fact that the series is based on a book!



 Imagine my delight when I found the book available for my Kindle!  So, here you see my Kindle, with the cover of Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth.  It is actually a memoir of the author's early life practicing midwifery and nursing in the East London slums during the 1950's.  It is riveting --and to my further surprise, there are two more books to complete the book series.

And in knitting news, my Arwen Cowl and I suffered a bit of a tragedy two nights ago....if you compare the size of it now to what I posted on Sunday, you will see that it seems to have shrunk quite a bit.  And while it did not shrink, it did take  a dip in the frog pond.  While looking at the directions more carefully it became apparent that the directions I thought said repeat rows 1-11 until piece measures 7 inches, actually said, repeat rows 10-11 until piece measures 7 inches!  Quite a big difference don't you think.  So, I ripped it back and began again. I will carry on and conquer this pattern!

Ta Ta For Now~~~ We are hoping for a little snow tonight. Just a enough  to have a late start to school and work.

post signature

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the Arwen cowl went for a dip in the frog pond, its so annoying when we mis read the pattern, hopefully you won't have any more mishaps and it will fly off the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you can find the first season of Call the Midwife online still. That's how I caught up. I really enjoyed it and look forward to season 2. Let us know how the book is!
    Can't wait to see the finished cowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is just too bad when a project doesn't work out like that. But you'll be able to knit the pattern up even better in the end! Something tells me that I will love that TV show, thanks for the great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your cowl decides against further dipping and plays nice, the colour is lovely.
    Enjoy your reading that sure was an interesting period in London's history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy that must have hurt to frog all that work. But kudos to you for doing it right. That book sounds so interesting. I'll be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)