Monday, July 8, 2013

book time

It is Monday!
What are you reading?
I am linking up with Sheila from Book Journey--the hostess of this weekly event.

I finally finished my previous book, The Astronaut Wives Club and hope to post a mini review later this week.

But now  I am on to a new book, and one that, judging by the reviews I have read, will be perfect for a summer read.  I am on vacation from work, starting Wednesday through next Tuesday.  Since we are not going away on a trip but just staying around and doing local stuff, I hope to get lots of reading in!
















A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams
This book is set in a small little ocean front community in Rhode Island and takes place between the years of 1931  and 1938.  I am pretty sure it culminates with the big hurricane that ripped up the eastern seaboard in 1938, an event I have only just recently become aware of.  The two main characters are a couple of young socialites who in the beginning of the novel are best friends, but as you begin to read the chapters which take place in 1938, the events of the past 7 years are doled out by Ms. Williams and you become aware that all is not well with the friendship.  I love me some drama!  

~*~*~Ta Ta For Now~*~*~

post signature

6 comments:

  1. I bought this book a couple of weeks ago and then loaned it to my sister because I knew I wouldn't have time to read it for a while. I hope you love it, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a good summer read. My Monday Report is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very curious about The Astronaut Wives Club. I've heard good and not so good. I've been hearing a lot of great stuff about your current read, hope you enjoy it!

    Have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy. It looks good.

    I have A Hundred Summers too. :)

    Looking forward to your review of The Astronaut Wives Club.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2013/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-7813.html

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)