Monday, July 1, 2013

Knitting Along


Have you heard?
There is a great little Knit-A-Long being hosted by Sarah at Crafts from the Cwtch! The item we are all knitting is a shawl, but not all the same one.  We have all picked a favorite from a designer named Bev who goes by Boo Knits on Ravlery.  Her patterns are gorgeous.   
You know what else?  Instead of waiting till the end of the KAL to give out prizes, there are prizes drawn this Friday just for signing up! 
I love that whole instant gratification thing!

Follow the link above and go check out the other details...go on. 
You know you want to!

So, since I only have about 4 wips on needles right now, I figured I really needed another one. So, I purchased some lvoely alpaca/silk lace and have attempted (several times) to cast the Ictis Shawl on. After  about 1.5 hours worth of work (mind you, at a restaurant) this is what I have to show for it.  


A garter tab--not a great one, but I refuse to rip it out again!  
Wish me luck.
Really.
I think I am going to need lots of it.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. I hope it all goes better from here on. The yarn looks fab. Doing a blog post about my own shawl in a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention Kim, and it's lovely to have you knitting along with us. I just posted a link to a great garter tab tute from Westknits on the Ravelry page and I'll add it here in case anyone reading might like it http://westknits.com/index.php/2011/07/garter-tab-cast-on/

    Looking forward to seeing your progress.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastically complicated to me and I had never even heard of a garter tab! It's going to look fabulous, look forward to seeing your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious about what this shawl looks like. You are brave to have so many WIPs on the needles. This is a nice colorist and its content sounds luxurious.

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)