Saturday, March 29, 2014

blue snippets

Saturday blues...


Rainy and windy--and after being off work all week, my doctor put me on an antibiotic. My virus went bacterial. I changed primary doctors as I need to find one who does not poo-poo me and who will treat my symptoms a bit more aggressively.  I can't waste weeks of work waiting to see each time I get sick if it is viral or not.I have a history of not fighting things off well and now I am on a immune suppressant drug.  Sheesh....Now I am still not better to attend my work's huge fund raising auction tonight.  (I work for a fantastic non-profit-Children's Therapy Center. Each year we are facing funding cuts from the county, state and federal level--this auction helps us continue to help families who don't have insurance which will cover therapy-and oh yes, under the almighty obamacare, this is still happening!

Here is the video our CEO produced to show at last year's auction. The DJ in it is the son of one of our founders...He has cerebral palsy. I can't wait to see this years.  They have been filming all over our sites for several months now...



So, to cheer myself up, I thought I would share a couple of  photos of some recently acquired knitting bling--

My new project bag- and it is reversible!  The yellow is so cheerful as are the little giraffes. :)




And I have forgotten to share these cute little stitch markers I won during the Ravellenics!



Well, I suppose should end my little pity party and go fold some laundry--not to sick to do that!
xooxxoo



post signature

4 comments:

  1. Not a pity party. You deserve to vent. It's cathartic. Sorry you're missing out on the event. You'll be there in spirit. They know you are a part of the team and will be missed. You need to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're sick and you missed the fund raiser, I think it's good you've changed doctors! Those stitch markers look cute and the project bag is just so pretty and happy! I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong with a pity party love. I know when I feel cruddy, I want them world to know.:)
    Love your new knitting bling and happy to hear that it is cheering you up a bit.
    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, I hope the new MD is a better fit than the last one - and you'll be feeling well very soon.
    I love the happy project bag! Cute stitch markers too.
    The view outside the window is so pretty. Although our snow is gone (yay!) everything is looking bland and brown. We need some warm temps to bring out the leaves and green grass.

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)