Sunday, March 30, 2014

yop-inspiration





Sunday.
Here we are again! 
When I posted last week I was sick but determined to see my Sam play in one of his last concerts (of his high school years)  and I am happy to say I did make it.  I was so glad I did as the music was magnificent. The Bach piece was oh-so beautiful  and since Bach is my favorite composer I was most delighted.

Then I spent the rest of the week in bed.
Well, technically not in bed, but home from work sick. I watched a ton of trashy tv and knit.

And because of all that knitting time, I have a finished object to show you all. :)
My Sugared Violets Shawl:

























 I am delighted with it~

I have been working on a couple of other objects but am not feeling too inspired by them right now.  The first one is this Jane cardi  I am making for Grandy Lyddie--but may  end up being for Grandy Millie for her birthday at the end of April. The construction of this sweater is a little different and called for picking up stitches--a skill new to me. Well after reworking that part 3 or 4 times, I finally got the stitches picked up to my liking but I am short about 10 stitches across the back and I am not sure how or why.  So, it was tossed into the timeout corner last night and I will  need to sit with it and do the math on it and try to fix it without ripping back again--
You know?  Creative knitting.
















While the sweater languished in timeout last night,  I picked up my Greta Kitty.




















 All I have left to knit is the tail. 
Then assemble and embroider the face.
And we all know how much finishing work excites us knitters.
Thus, it sits here today mocking me.

Why don't I start a new project you might be thinking?
Well, Michele (Knit Purl Hunter) releases her first clue in the new shawl mkal on Thursday  and I am just waiting for that to start--the Rylie yarn showed last week for it is sitting here just waiting!


That is it folks--but I  leave you with some inspiration.  (not Sam's group as  there no recording available yet)
xoxxoxooxo






post signature

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Shawl!
    Glad you are feeling better! But it looks like you made awesome use of your time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Shawl!
    Glad you are feeling better! But it looks like you made awesome use of your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're happy despite trying to get well. I hope it works out for the grandy cardigan. Suggested Violets is lovely. It will look fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Bach! I love his pieces as well, how grand that your son is playing that! Your Sugared Violets Shawl looks amazing, the blues and the purples work so lovely together! I hope you can finish the kitty soon, I think she'll look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl turned out wonderful. Such a lovely piece. Cant wait to see the kitty finished (when the mood strikes you) How frustrating for you on the sweater though. I am sure the light bulb will go on pretty soon and you will figure out what when wrong on the stitch count.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better now, at least you got a lovely shawl from it! Sorry about the sweater, but I am sure you will figure it out after some time out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you made it. Sorry to hear you were sick the rest of the week, but trash TV and knitting doesn't sound too awful. I used to dread picking up stitches ... it's taken so many years of knitting to finally do it with confidence. Nowadays I can usually manage the correct number on each side of the heel flap without even trying :) I'd hesitate about a creative fix for this - you don't want the sweater to bunch at the neck, or for the neck to be too tight. (Been there, done that)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are over your illness..you are over it by now I hope? I so adore your projects and yarns and you make such great choices. So is it the yarn or your awesome knitting skills? I wouldn't have given those cats a second look really until I saw it with your yarns (leftovers) that you used....SO CUTE! You have such a gift and I have got to get some of that Madeline Tosh yarn just to feel it as every picture I have ever seen of it makes the knitting look gorgeous. I'm so sorry you're having trouble with your cardigan. Is that the same "picking up stitches" as on socks? I know I always have trouble getting the right number to come out and sometimes have to skip a stitch or 2 to come out right at the end as the count is important. But it's just a sock that will go inside a shoe not a cardigan. God luck! So glad you got to see Sam play before you succumbed. Your shawl is taunting me to put one on my YOP list for next year. Have a great and healthy week.

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone else....I so appreciate comments. :)